India’s love for gold has transcended its physical form, and has now entered the digital space – or so it seems. After a successful run in the UAE and Portugal, restaurant search and discovery service giant Zomato has finally brought its most popular product – Zomato Gold – to India. Currently limited to Delhi NCR, Mumbai and Bangalore, Zomato Gold starts with 1200+ restaurants and bars across these three cities.
Gold is Zomato’s premium membership program allowing users to avail special perks, such as – a complimentary dish (i.e. buy one get one offer) or two complimentary drinks on purchase of two drinks. What’s special is that the offer can be availed by a member at partner restaurants at any time of the day on any dish or drink on the regular menu.
Zomato claims that Gold members will also get invitations to special events, such as wine-tasting sessions, new menu previews, pub crawls, chef cook-out sessions, food walks, and new restaurant openings, amongst others. This service can be availed for 3 months or for a year at Rs.299 and Rs.999 respectively, as an early bird offer.
However, there are few things you need to know before you subscribe for this service –
- Only limited restaurants are available for Gold privileges.
- The food and drinks offer are not available together at any restaurant i.e. one offer for one restaurant.
- There must be at least two people on a table to avail Gold benefits.
- The complimentary dish will always be the dish with same or lesser value.
- The complimentary drinks will be the same as the first drink ordered.
At the time of publishing this blog we received a tweet from Deepinder Goyal, founder of Zomato, that the introductory prices are only for first 40,000 people. So if you haven’t subscribed yet, go do it now!!!